Electrical installation and compliance
Azélec is a general electrical contractor based in Brussels, specialised in the wiring, renovation and compliance of electrical installations. All our installations are done in accordance with good engineering practices and are compliant with the ‘Règlement général sur les installations électriques’ (RGIE, ‘General Regulations for Electrical Installations’).
When the works are finished and all the circuits have been wired, our specialised technicians prepare electrical plans, consisting of the layout diagram and single-wire diagram of the electrical installation. Then we contact an approved inspection body to get an inspector on site to verify the new installation, after which they write a report certifying that it is compliant. This report is then submitted to the power company once the building is connected to your provider's power grid.
Every project is different and requires specific solutions, which is why we work on a case-by-case basis to design and install the electrical installation best suited to your building and business. At Azélec, we take care of electrical installations from start to finish by offering you tailor-made, efficient and economical solutions.
- New construction: based on architectural plans, we handle the design and wiring of your electrical installation. Everything is done to provide you with results that meet your expectations within your deadline and budget.
- Renovations: based on your building’s existing and projected configuration, we will meet your needs in terms of the renovation and extension of your electrical installation. We make sure it is adapted to and in line with your expectations, and propose solutions to reduce your power consumption, such as installing a home automation system.
Make sure your electrical installation is safe!
A defective electrical installation could cause electrocution and fire risks, which is why it must comply with the RGIE and undergo regular inspections by an approved inspection body.
The first compliance inspection is carried out right after installation before being connected to the grid. Then, it will be inspected again every 25 years if no changes have been made and if the inspection was passed.
In case of major changes, such as an extension or modification of the existing electrical installation or an increase in the electricity meter's capacity, a new inspection has to be carried out in order to prove that these changes are compliant.
When purchasing an existing building, the notary will provide you with the electrical installation inspection report on the day you sign the contract of sale. If the report states that the installation is not RGIE compliant, you will have 18 months to get the necessary work completed and inspected by an approved inspection body.
Azélec can perform compliance work on the electrical installation of your home or building to ensure that it complies with RGIE standards.
Our prices depend on several factors, such as:
- The type of work: installation, renovations, extension, maintenance or repair of electrical installations.
- The type of installation: traditional or home automation.
- Hardware and finishing: brand and type of power outlets and switches selected, the number of illuminated areas wanted, number of spotlights and type of light fixtures requested, etc.
Contact us now for a tailor-made, no-commitment estimate!